Sunday, November 23, 2008

What Do Your Kids Think About You?

Since I've been busy proselytizing and complaining here lately, I thought I'd share something fun for a change. This exercise has been going around the Internet. I tried it with my girls (Angel age 9 and The Boss age 5) simply out of curiosity. I should note that I questioned each girl separately and their answers are verbatim:


What is something I always say?
Angel: I love you
The Boss: Angel and The Boss


What makes me happy?
Angel: When I say something funny.
The Boss: Your birthday.

What makes me sad?
Angel: When you have a hard time deciding something (sometimes you start to cry; it's not a pretty scene) [In my defense, while I won't deny this has ever happened, it is NOT a frequent occurrence]
The Boss: When Dad tells you something that you don't really think is true. [This IS a frequent occurrence]

How do I make you laugh?
Angel: When you tickle me.
The Boss: When you tickle me.

What was I like as a child?
Angel: Well, you told me that you didn't like your brother that much and you seem kind of quiet in your stories and you lose friends a lot. [Note to my brother: I NEVER said I didn't like you much. I MAY have sympathetically agreed with her once or twice that younger siblings can be annoying. You know...when they're little.]
The Boss: That's a hard question.

How old am I?
Angel: 30 something
The Boss: 5. Wait, you're not 5! You're 38!

What's my favorite thing to do?
Angel: Do things on your computer like your blog.
The Boss: Work


What do I do when you're not around?
Angel: Do things on your computer
The Boss: Work


If I became famous, what would it be for?
Angel: Maybe...writing a book.
The Boss: I don't know

What am I really good at doing?
Angel: Typing [as I typed her answers]
The Boss: Typing

What am I not very good at doing?
Angel: Swimming. Definitely swimming. [I am NOT a bad swimmer. I just choose NOT to swim]
The Boss: Playing games.

What is my job?
Angel: You try to find a cure for cancer. I think.
The Boss: Work.

What's my favorite food?
Angel: Diet coke.
The Boss: I don't know.

What makes you proud of me?
Angel: For having two children.
The Boss: To be a mom.

If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?
Angel: Vanessa on Phineus and Ferb
The Boss: I think...I don't know.

What do you and I do together?

Angel: We talk. That's pretty much it.
The Boss: We play board games.

How are we the same?
Angel: We both have pretty clothes.

The Boss: We have straight hair and the same color hair.

How do you know I love you?
Angel: Because you kiss me goodnight.
The Boss: Because you say I love you.



Share/Bookmark

No comments: