Sunday, May 18, 2008

What's in a Name?


In anticipation of my big girl blog, I've been thinking about better naming conventions for the fam. DD#1 and DD#2 works in a pinch for the girls, but it's a bit cold, clunky to read and doesn't give you any insight into their personalities. Since I blog anonymously (my real name is Amy, but fortunately it's easy to go undiscovered among the gazillion other Amys out there), I had to make up new fake names for the girls (like coming up with their real names wasn't hard enough).

It was pretty easy to find a new fake name for DD#1 who heretofore shall be known as "Angel." She picked out the name herself when she started her own "blog" (to which she has posted twice in the last 6 months). Like any normal 8 1/2 year old, she isn't always a perfect angel, but she does have a sweet and sensitive nature. She's a good student and general all around good kid, so Angel is fairly fitting.

Finding a new fake name for DD#2 was much harder. To the outside world, she is quiet, good natured and well-liked by her friends and teachers alike. To those of us who know her best, she is a girl who knows exactly what she wants and is not afraid to demand it. In fact, she's not afraid to tell you what you ought to want and how you should go about getting it. When she's not critiquing the grown-ups in her life (Why did you use THIS cup for my chocolate milk? I can't eat that piece of toast, it's burnt on the corner and I don't like the crusts. This isn't the way to Target -- you're going the wrong way!), she's overlording Angel's life (Angel, Mom said you have to come upstairs now! Angel, if you don't eat your dinner, you can't have dessert. Angel, why don't you ever pick your clothes up off your floor? I'm sick of this!). She's our little tyrant and we love her dearly. So after much consideration, DD#2, aka mini-Me, will heretofore be known as "the Boss." Did I mention she's 5 (lord help us)?

Hubby will simply remain Hubby for now. I did consider re-naming him "the Man Who Wishes He Were King" but thought that might get a little cumbersome.

P.S. Fake picture too.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: