Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hooked On Blogging

In honor of Valentines Day, I have to give a shout out to all the bloggers I love to read. Go ahead, check them out. They're all listed on the side of this blog. The clever, poignant and often laugh-out-loud brilliance that these women create and share on their blogs awes and inspires me everyday.

Now I'm going to have to ask them all a really big favor.

CUT IT OUT.

I know it's alot to ask. You've all clearly been doing this blogging thing for a long time and you've all amassed admirably strong followings.

But you people are killing me.

I just can't get enough! When I first discovered this blogging thing, I was reading two, maybe three blogs a few times a month. Then I stumbled across a few more incredible blogs and I started checking in on my favorites several times a week. Now, I've gotta have my blogging fix everyday and some days (and this is very painful to admit) I find myself flipping through my Google reader two or three times a day.

And then there's the flip side of creating my own masterpiece and obsessively checking my stat counters (yes, that's right, more than one) to see who might be reading me (thank you to my five loyal readers and the ten others of you who can't seem to figure out how to unsubscribe).

It's pathetic. It's gotta stop. I see an Oprah episode in the making (Mommies who neglect their families because of their addiction to blogging).

How do you manage your addiction?
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

PunditMom said...

I can't. I need a 12-step program!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Awww thanks! I can't quit, however, because, like you, I'm AN ADDICT! ;)

I try to take a break on Sundays. That's about it. I start to go through withdrawal if I go any longer than that.

I've also said no to Twitter. I mean do people really want to know what I'm eating for lunch?

Anonymous said...

Well I've totally slowed down. I can't keep up. Seriously if I read blogs all day every day I'd never get anything done! it's fun, but I try not to make it too time consuming! Also- I def don't twitter- I can't really get behind that one yet.