Saturday, September 22, 2007

Lice Fest 2007 is in Atlanta!!!

I am sitting here wearing a shower cap, my head slathered in mayonnaise. My two precious angels are donning the same chic look. We are planning a very long date with the Disney Channel later so I can pick through their heads like a mama gorilla. That's after I spent hours and hours and hours washing and bagging everything not nailed down. AGAIN. FOR THE THIRD TIME THIS MONTH!!!!

Yes, folks, Lice Fest 2007 seems to have made its way to our house. This time my baby (uh, I mean BIG GIRL) seems to be the Lice Fest Queen. But we've all joined the party, because it's just WAY too much fun to miss.

If you don't know what Lice Fest is, it's the party you never, ever want to be invited to. It comes to you, unsolicited, and it NEVER WANTS TO LEAVE!!!!!

In the spirit of balance (which is what this blog is SUPPOSED to be about -- No, this ISN'T the Lice blog), this will be a short post from me. Instead, if you've ever been to Lice Fest, or just plain need a laugh, here are a couple of posts that'll brighten your day. Read about Lice Fest 2004 from Melissa over at my new favorite blog Suburban Bliss. In her wonderfully witty writing style, she so cleverly describes my life right now (how did she know?). Or get a Dad's perspective at Death By Children where Christopher, another great writer, discovers why God really invented mayonnaise in his post Lice, Lice, Lice, Baby!.

And if you have any, and I mean ANY, advice on how to get this party to move on, please, please, PLEASE (do I sound desperate enough?), share.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

PunditMom said...

I'm SO sorry. That party visited our town last year and it was NO fun --but I am now the area's most expert nit picker! :(

JUST A MOM said...

OH MAN I hatted the good ole lice parties... when we had the foster kids we never got rid of them,,,good luck.